Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Siesta time

After a morning of Wiggleworms and lunch, we return home to sleep.  I hear the music of the swing in the living-room where Ezri sleeps: For Elise, Twinkle twinkle little star, Itsy bitsy spider.  This afternoon waiting for my souvlaki sandwich outside The Athenian Room a tv crew taped me eating kalamata chicken.  The host asked me when would Ezri be ready to eat chicken and then I had to talk about the food.  I told him I've been coming to The Athenian Room since it opened - 1972.  I remember the Gardiakos family: Basili, Sotiri, and the sister Basiliki.  Basili sold the place after six months to sail around the world.  I told the tv host Ezri would be ready in about 6 months.  She was smiling broadly, her big blue eyes shining.  I got my food and we walked home: to eat, to sleep, to write.  These sun-filled days lighten my heart, bring me joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment