Thursday, June 23, 2011

WIGGLEWORMS I

Yesterday was our first day at Wiggleworms with Ezri.  There were 11 other children between the ages of 6 and 12 months - all sitting on the floor with their mothers and a few grandmothers.  And even a great-grandmother!  I had forgotten how it goes at first but in a few minutes I got into the swing of things: singing, clapping, swaying, "The itsy-bitsy spider," "the wheels on the bus," and a few I hadn't heard before.  I love it!  And always marvel at the possibility I have given at this stage in my life to care for babies.  Ezri is a sweet child, quiet most of the time, easygoing.  She smiles when I talk to her.  She babbles.  After Oliver and Adelaide left town I was sad and missed the experience of feeding, going out for strolls, going to the playground, talking and singing.  Changing diapers not so much.  Now I have Ezri.  And sometimes I also have Oliver and Adelaide - when they come to Chicago and stay with us for five days like last week.  It was something!  Fun and exhausting at the same time.  Next weekend we're going to Madison to see them.  I'm sure it'll be fun and exhausting again.  But mostly great fun.  More later...

2 comments: