Wednesday, May 28, 2014

FAREWELL

Tomorrow morning I fly to Madrid. I'll be there for two days before returning to Chicago.  This Athens stay has been shorter than usual, and for that I am grateful.  It isn't easy for me to stay in the small apartment and not be active with my life but spend the days sitting around with the television on and three women in this small apartment.

I managed to go out and see friends a few times, go to the Benaki Museum once, to a play.  The weather has been ideal - not hot as it is in the heart of the summer.  The elections provided color and excitement for a while.  But not much has changed. At least, that's what the locals say.

Mom is understandably sad that I'm leaving but I know she'll be fine in a day or two. We get used to someone and it's difficult to let go.  She's doing well and for that I'm also grateful.

I plan to return for her birthday in November. 

Next time I write I'll post some photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment